Friday, January 31, 2014

Unfinished Words


When did this love become mere words?

It’s like am pushing uphill against the forces

My arms are shacking, my being weak

Oh won’t you come carry me

You said you loved me, and I’m quoting words.

You should have said no, am not placing blame

I dunno how much more we both could take,

It seems we’re bursting at the seams.

 

When I was with you, I couldn’t wait to get away

Now I’m away just wish you were close

I hold myself from calling your name

I hold my stare until the moment before you look my way

I dial your number only in my mind

I know this is the way I paved myself

The cards I dealt us both

I don’t know what I expected because you fought for me

But I want more and yet I still want you

There’s nothing now I see I could ever do

Paralysed to make a move

Cos I just can’t tell you how I feel

Like I’m waiting till you’re gone forever

Maybe with wise hair, I’ll tell a tale or two

2 comments:

  1. Chai my soul in tears I now see you could not bear my love so you ran. My heart will always go on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now am so glad you are safe. If only I saw this 4years back. For some reason you make me fall hard in love but you sent a signal in my sleep "gill give me breathing space"meaning getting ill so I had to give you some space. When you left in high school, I longed and groaned for you.I moved into the special class but you were gone why all because of me loving hard if only I turned it down a notch. And there was no girl to replace the love I had not even temisan. Chai what a life we had. I recalled touching your fluffy hands during French class. For I longes to sit by your side during French class. What a happy memory but I had to barnish every memory you and I have ever hard to move on with life but at the bottom hoping to see you again. Now its all coming back to me now.

    ReplyDelete