Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Notes


I try to think of why things ended
Seeking for closure in every flash back,
So my heart can move on.
Although it seemed so clear then, why we could never work
I hide my hurt behind my smile and my I-don’t –care attitude that acts like a wall separating me from you.
So that when I see you I can hug you like we’re still friends and what we had didn’t mean a thing. But not too long though, so my actions line up with my words showing I’ve let you go.

So I remind myself of why things ended.
Cause I was too damaged to absorb your words
Too independent to accept any assistance
Too self righteous to admit I could be wrong
To proud to apologise to be anything less than me

I had to be all sufficient or content, not allowing anyone to think they owned a strand on my head talk less of my heart.
I loved you only when you were in my will
I never lost a fight so we had the appearance of compatibility

I had a deficit in my emotion tank, so thank God for technological advancement.
Now you can take a picture or recording of me at my best, to enable you play me back to the good old days.

©SweetestRuby 2012

1 comment:

  1. i told you i loved you even after you left, you are the one to give me closure but i guess we might have married early if you were around but that was not the will of my heavenly father and up to this moment i still talk with ehimare about you.YOU Are always going to be a part of my child hood memory.

    ReplyDelete