Saturday, August 14, 2010

On the bus

Sitting on the bus home,
while the rain drops drum against the window.
Filtering through my thoughts,
Thinking of words to write.
“Me, rain, wet, late, tired, home, bed, TV, thanks, God” are a few that popped into my mind.
Then I remember in all things I am to give thanks.
Well today, I got job rejection,
Borrowed my bus fare,
then gave out my change for tomorrows bus,
Got soaked in rain while I ran to the bus stop,
then missed the bus!
Now an hour later, am on the bus home thinking of words to write.
In all things give thanks


So am thankful because after the rain, I’ll have a roof,
For journey mercies,
That I can even feel the rain on my skin,
and that I didn’t catch a cold.
That I have a warm bed and the grace to see today.


Too often these things are taken for granted, and all our eyes notice are the things that oppose our plans.
I have come to this understanding, that the rain will fall, the sun will dry it up, the young will grow, and sometimes bad things happen, but they’ll never outweigh the good.

Situation may change you or you can change your situation.
The seasons will change whether we are joyful or full of self pity.
So I release my pen to write my words, discerning in my heart their usefulness. 


©SweetestRuby 2010

2 comments: