Monday, April 20, 2009

Change / Trade it all


Have you ever felt love so bad, it made you hurt?

No not hurt like that, but like made you cry?
Cos the things that you want,
just isn’t good for you
And it doesn't bring out the best, just the worst in you
Yet you can't let it go,
cos your addicted so bad..
like a tap running water, you just can't keep it in

Cos things changed, without permission,
now your getting mad..
'And why won't he stay home!!!
What kind of man is that??'
'To leave his wife and kids to hang with Jackie D...!!
Now he's got spirits mixed and he's gotten so high'
"I'm about to knock him back down,
who does he think he's playing with!!"
See the fun times are over, and he's still playing games
"Well bring the mojo back, isn't that what a man's to do!!??"
'You see me caring for these kids, I haven't been sleeping all day!"
'That's for sure, cos you’re knocked out at night...'

Oh I can't believe he left, what kind of man is that??
A black man that's what...., 
Oh he makes me so mad!!!
If he was here now, I would kick out his ass
After all I’ve done for him
Put in time and weight...
Can't believe he changed on me
I didn't bargain for this!

So am packing out his things,
My baby girl says am pretty...
I haven't heard that in so long,
and I start reminiscing
Wondering why he never said that....bet he says it to Jackie D..
Then I see, I traded my looks just cos I became a Wife.
Didn't think I could handle both,
so I traded in my weaves...
Ain't got time for the salon, so I bought a couple of scarves, 
had to find a place to put them, so I kicked out my heels
see when your heavy you can't keep wearing those, better get some flip flops.
Traded in my figure, just cos my clothes couldn't fit 3 kids....
So I dressed up in your sweats,
even though I would never break a sweat...
"Please man, I ain't got time" I kept saying,  
"cos am cooking all your meals..."
How ironic that is, since you don't eat at home no more..
Cos things changed without my permission, 
now am getting sad :(
Cos I realised, 
I Changed..... without Your permission,
and now that's really bad..

...Guess am a black woman too...




©SweetestRuby 2009

3 comments:

  1. I felt the woman's pain when u read it to me. You shud get people to subcribe to u reading it to them. its really good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww gurrrrrrrrllll u got talentsssssss...lol...u sure do have a way with words, i shall subscribe and look forward to more...........ENCORE ENCORE...

    ReplyDelete
  3. HHAHAHHAH THIS MADE ME LAUGH BUT HOWEVER U DID NOT GET FAT AT LEAST.AND WAIT A MINUTE I THOUGHT JACKIE D AS YOUR FRIEND WAS Your hubby seemed to have developed liking for her lol and by the way wow u have three kids and still look young my work will be done soon...

    ReplyDelete