Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Praising through pain

How did things get this bad?
How did I get here?
How did this pain come to settle and build home in my self
It’s not like I didn’t try to hide it
But it’s beginning to take over
Although I say am in control, the scars are evident
my friends keep offering quick fix solutions I keep rejecting

As I lay my head to sleep I turn it over to you
Asking you taking to take over, I surrender it all.
You said your yoke is easy and your burden is light
That’s what I want Lord
I want to stop fighting and let you work it out
My eyes full of tears shut for in the morning I will have my Joy

The sun rises and as I turn, I feel pains still here
I thought bags would be packed by now
My hope, my prayer, my faith
This pain is too much to bear
Through hope, prayer and faith
I know you hear me, you tell be to keep going
But how can I do your work, when I can’t move
Then I remember you said in all things to give thanks
So am gonna complaining and keep trusting
When peoples see and ask, I tell them to shut up and keep watching
Am a miracle in the making
Not many get to see history made
Am His-Story in real time
So i’ll praise him through my pain
Praise him cos he love me
Praise him cos through my pain he gives me strength
Now I see that weaknesses are unexploited strengths
And ONLY through him are impossibilities possible
Praise him cos he worked my breakthrough
While I was sleeping, he was whipped for my transgressions
While I was sleeping, he died that I might live
While I was sleeping, he said it was finished
While I was sleeping, he conquered the world and beyond
While I was praising, I got set free.

Ruby xx

1 comment:

  1. wow tom i also recalled having pains on my rib side around 1999/2003. you shared in my sufferings wow you shall partake of my joy and inheritance.

    ReplyDelete