Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Some People

Some people live for their fortune
Some people live just for the fame
Some people live for the power
Some people live just to play life’s game
Some people think that the material things
Define what's within
And I've been there before
But that life's a bore
So full of the superficial

Some people want it all
But I don't want nothing at all
If it ain't you Jesus
If I ain't got you Jesus
Some people want diamond rings
Some just want everything
But everything means nothing
If I ain't got you Jesus

Some people search for a fountain
That promises forever young
Some people need three dozen roses
And that's the only way to prove you love them
Hand me the world on a silver platter
And what good would it be
No one to share, with no one who truly cares for me

But they just don’t see you give living water
And eternal life that won’t end
And I know that you love me, cos you died on that cross
The world is under your feet, and am the child of the King of kings
So what more could I need, when gain everything just by seeking you
This life is more than just you and me
Waking up each morning following routines
True life begins when you realise its source
God created you in his image to worship and give him glory
Christ died to redeem you from death
He paid with his life that you may live
To fulfil the purpose of your birth on earth and reign with him eternally

some of the lyrics were gotten from Alicia Keys

©SweetestRuby 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment