Friday, September 23, 2011

Farewell Song

So you sang me a song to relay how you felt,

If I say I wasn’t surprised, then I’d tell you a lie.

Left your song on repeat, just to make out some sense,

Thinking why you had to come just to leave me in the lurch.

I haven’t moved an inch, I’m still standing here,

You knew where I was right from the very start.

Now you’re gone and I can’t help missing you.  

But if you asked if I did, you know I’d definitely lie.



I find myself looking out into the streets,

Thinking maybe I’ll spot you and wave like it’s all a big surprise.

Passing through the places you like, doing all the things you did,

Looking at my phone once, twice, fives time a minute.

Just in case I missed u seeing me pass by.

But now I’ve come to realise, that you’re not coming back.



And no I can’t change me, so I accept my fate.

You were never meant to last a day longer than you did.

And am grateful for the little time we spent,

You taught me a lot in such a little space of time.

I didn’t always treat you fair, but I always cared.

I guess that what makes us all the people that we are today.



Maybe one day I’ll see you or maybe I never will.

I pray whatever we do we’ll live happy fulfilled lives.

And when we both grow old we’ll tell the story of our youth.  


©SweetestRuby 2011

1 comment:

  1. this songs are the bombdiggity dee niggaaaa

    ReplyDelete