Friday, September 23, 2011

Tick Tock


Counting down the seconds till you’re gone,

So I can say hello to tomorrow

You can’t stay, no not with me.

I won’t be your fool a day too long

Am moving on with the hands of time,

I can’t be wound, am forward bound.

If you see me clearly now, better take a picture,

Because the time is fast approaching when even binoculars won’t offer u a glimpse.

Am here right now but not forever,

I’ve got greater hand pulling me higher.

I know Big guys,

Can you imagine he who can spin the Milky Way on his finger

Who can quash the earth because it’s his footstool?

Who is, was and will never change...

Now imagine, am the apple of his eye.

I wouldn’t try to piss me off

And you devils don’t like me because am a fighter,

The feeling is more than mutual because its a hater.

Am holding on to the promise,

Am linked on more tightly than the skinniest jeans.

And you can take it from me,

You can’t break me, because you didn’t make me.

Tick, tick, tick... Your time is up. Now get out.




©SweetestRuby 2011

1 comment: